Lasik surgery is one of the best ways to free yourself from hassle of glasses and contact lenses and to gain clear vision permanently. Over one million Lasik procedures are safely performed each year.
If you have been considering Lasik, it may finally be the time to talk to a doctor about it. The safety and success of the procedure have never been better and today its more affordable than ever.
Lasik can open up all kinds of opportunities for the patient, from being better able to play and enjoy sports, to taking up new hobbies, and even opening up new job opportunities in some cases.
Lasik can change the way you see the world; but it is important to know all the facts before you elect to have the Lasik surgery:
- What happens during Lasik surgery? During the procedure, a highly trained optical surgeon using a very precise laser cuts an opening on the cornea of the eye. The surgeon then uses another laser to carefully reshape and correct microscopic flaws in the cornea, thus correcting your vision problem.
- Who is a potential candidate for Lasik? Lasik is effective for most patients that suffer from myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far sightedness), or astigmatism. A consultation with a Lasik specialist is always the first step in determining if the surgery is right for you. Patients should be over 18 years of age.
- How long does recovery take? Recovery for a vast majority of Lasik patients is a day or two. Most see immediate improvement in their vision after Lasik. There is usually little to no discomfort following the procedure. In some cases it may take up to six months for a patient's vision to stabilize completely after the procedure.
- Is Lasik Safe? Lasik eye surgery now provides patients with the safest and most accurate form of treatment ever available. Post-op complications arise in a very few cases (only 1%-5% of patients), and those are nearly all correctable by further treatment.
- Can I afford Lasik? Nearly all Lasik centers offer flexible financing for your procedure as well as other ways to disperse the costs. Prices vary based on the area of the country that your Lasik is performed in, but are generally very affordable.
Lasik is an investment in your quality of life. Imagine being able to see the world in vivid color and sharp detail without the assistance of glasses and contacts. It's all possible thanks to Lasik technology. Millions of Americans each year make the choice to improve their vision through this process. Will you be one of them?
Click on the links below for learn more about your options for Lasik eye surgery: