It’s a tasty fruit but a pain to prepare. So how do you easily cut and peel a mango? We’ve got some video tutorials to help.
The first comes from our friends at Useful. It’s super short and explains the simple process to working around that big pit and getting as much of the juicy fruit as possible.
If that video didn’t work for you, here’s one from “1 Recette 1 Minute.” This video is longer (by 30 seconds) but sometimes it’s that second lesson that makes all the difference. Again, this is a quick lesson in how to easily cut and peel a mango, with emphasis on “easy.”
Random Mango Fun Facts
According to Wikipedia (the source of all fun facts), “A mango is a stone fruit produced from numerous species of tropical trees belonging to the flowering plant genus Mangifera, cultivated mostly for their edible fruit. Most of these species are found in nature as wild mangoes.”
Some other stuff we found via the joys of Google:
- Mangoes first appeared in India over 5,000 years ago.
- Around 300 or 400 A.D., the seeds spread from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa, and South America.
- How’d they travel so far? Humans, of course.
- Mangoes are related to cashews and pistachios.
- Mango trees can grow up to 100 feet with a canopy of over 35 feet.
Enjoyed this article? Check out more fun DIY lessons on How Life Works.