When one hears the term “Identity Theft,” they usually think about criminals racking up thousands of dollars in bogus charges on their stolen credit or ATM card.
While this type of fraud is common, there are several other types of identity theft as well, and they could be happening to you right now, including:
- Insurance – Someone uses your Social Security number to obtain the insurance they need, such as home, automotive, etc.
- Medical – Someone uses your health insurance to get treatment, costing you money while placing incorrect and potentially harmful information in your medical records.
- Criminal – A person gets arrested and is able to believably claim that they’re you. Then they jump bail, and the cops are hunting for you.
- Driver’s License – Someone steals your license and makes a duplicate with their image.
- Social Security – This gives thieves open control of your life, including buying houses in your name and then defaulting on the loans.
- Synthetic – A person uses information from numerous victims, creating a new bogus identity; this makes it extremely difficult to figure out what’s going on and how many victims are involved.
- Child – Most children have Social Security numbers, but we seldom check to see if they have a credit file. That means criminals can use their identity for years and never be caught.
Many of us now keep multiple credit cards, bank accounts and loans – meaning there is more and more for criminals to work with. For many people, it’s not a question of if – but rather when their identity will be stolen.
Little wonder then, that more and more people are starting to get identity theft protection. The leader in this field is LifeLock Inc.
LifeLock has been helping protect people from many types of identity theft for more than 8 years. LifeLock standard identity theft protection monitors your personal information and alerts you when they detect someone attempting to open a new credit line in your name,† or if your information is being sold on a black market website.
LifeLock also offers a more robust protection service, LifeLock Ultimate™, adding features that protect you against more insidious forms of identity theft. It also monitors public databases for your personal information, so you know where it’s being used. Plus, they scan online court records in case arrested criminals attempt to use your identity.
LifeLock Ultimate provides alerts when new checking and savings accounts are opened using your personal information, and when they detect contact information changes on existing accounts.†
And when you suspect identity theft, nothing is worse than being told you have to call back during “normal business hours” to get anything accomplished. All LifeLock members can speak with a real human, standing by 24/7/365 to assist.
How It Works
In less than three minutes, you can be on your way to protecting yourself from many forms of identity theft.
Just Visit LifeLock, fill in your basic information, and their robust monitoring technology and tools get to work immediately. You can also add as many family members as you want to ensure that everyone is protected.
The site’s dashboard gives you a snapshot of the pertinent information you’ll want to know—all your alerts and information, plus with LifeLock Ultimate, you’ll see your current credit score, annual reports and more. Simply give them an email address or mobile number so that LifeLock can alert you when there’s suspicious activity.
When it comes to identity theft, the world is becoming more and more scary. While it’s impossible to stop all criminals, programs such as LifeLock Ultimate can alert you when it happens to you, helping you protect your identity in the most comprehensive way possible.
Click here to check out LifeLock Ultimate and how you can get instant protection.