There’s an old saying in the auto industry, “They All Break” – and it’s true, regardless of make or model.
Unfortunately when it comes to our vehicles, they always seem to break when they’re out of warranty which means fat out-of-pocket expenses.
With economic uncertainty many people are holding on to their vehicle for longer than usual and even with proper maintenance, expensive repairs are inevitable.
Data shows that two of the most common big ticket items to go are transmissions and air-conditioning. The average cost of replacing a transmission is now over $2000 and the average cost for a major air-conditioning repair is now over $700.
But dealing with auto repairs doesn’t have to be a nightmare. The recent growth in extended and after-market warrantees now gives consumers a good way to protect themselves from large and unexpected auto repair costs.
Today, there’s little doubt that extended warrantees do save you money in the long run
But consumers should be extremely careful when purchasing an extended auto-warranty. It’s very similar to buying insurance and there are a few key questions you should always ask:
- What is the deductible? As with insurance, warrantees can include deductibles that will have an impact on the price. Chose a deductable that makes sense for you and make sure you understand if the deductible is applied on each repair separately or just the first repair.
- What are the labor rates the warrantee reimburses for? Do they seem reasonable for your preferred repair shops? Do they pay the repair shop directly, or do you need to pay and wait for reimbursement?
- Exactly what is covered under the warrantee? It’s better to have one that clearly lists what is not covered (exclusive) rather than what is covered (inclusive).
- Have you read the full agreement? Make sure you do so before signing.
- Most importantly, is the warranty provider reputable and financially secure? Will they be there when you need them to pay off?
With dozens of companies now selling extended warrantees, how do you find the right one for your particular needs?
Fortunately, today there are online services that let consumers quickly shop for the best rates from a nationwide selection of extended warranty providers all competing for your business.
One of the most comprehensive of these services is called Extended Warranty Pros. They operate a free website that will find you the best warrantee offers for your exact needs from a wide network of warranty providers. You simply enter your details and requirements and then receive personalized quotes from a range of providers. The site works exclusively with reputable companies providing the best value to consumers. It makes it super easy to compare various warrantees by cost and coverage.
The fact is that there’s a lot of variation in the prices of extended warrantees. But, with a minimal amount of time and the help of a service such as Extended Warranty Pros you can save time and rest assured you are getting a good value.
So, before your transmission falls out and you have to blow your vacation fund on a new one, find out just how easy it is to get some protection and peace of mind.
Click here to start.