Whether you love dogs or cats or both, our four-legged friends can bring great joy into our lives. But they can also cause owners a lot of stress and anxiety — no matter how cute and apologetic they look after their bad behavior.
From a cuddly kitty clawing up the furniture (and guests), or a precocious puppy chewing (and peeing) on everything in sight, these little ones can try your patience. Even worse is when your furry friend is in pain — either from aging or injury — and you can’t really do anything to comfort them. It can leave an owner feeling helpless… until now.
PuppyCalm and KittyCalm are two new concentrated liquid herbal extracts (known as “tinctures”) containing cannabidiol, a.k.a. CBD. As you may know, CBD is extracted from cannabis and hemp plants. However, CBD does not contain the psychoactive ingredient tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which means it won’t make your pet high.
In humans, CBD is currently advertised as a digestive aid, analgesic, anxiety relief option, cancer inhibitor, and antipsychotic, among other things. While there are active studies underway examining its effects, there is a great deal of anecdotal evidence supporting these benefits.
Studies have shown that CBD helps dogs and cats the same way it does humans. How can this can be? Dogs and cats possess nearly identical endocannabinoid systems as human beings and reap numerous benefits from active hemp compounds such as CBD.
- Reduce inflammation
- Ease joint and muscle pain
- Promote relaxation & ease anxiety
- Give the immune system a boost
Made with organic hemp seed oil and hemp extract, these tinctures are non-psychoactive and contain less than 0.3% THC. Plus, they’re vegan, non-GMO, and cruelty-free.
The KittyCalm and PuppyCalm websites list dosages based on your pet’s weight. They also feature numerous testimonials from happy customers. Check them out to see if these products are right for your pet.
Nothing beats a recipe that’s both delicious and easy to make. You’re sure to impress your friends and family if you whip-up a batch of these tried-and-true 4-ingredient Maple Almond Butter Cups.
If you’ve been looking for a delicious alternative to peanut butter treats, search no more! These offer the perfect blend of nutty flavors, balanced with rich chocolate-y goodness.
These make the perfect treat for you and your family, or the perfect contribution to any gathering.
Each batch makes 24 chocolates, and it only takes about 20 minutes to prep!
MAPLE ALMOND BUTTER CUP RECIPE
For the maple almond butter filling you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond butter (We found a way to get a FREE 16 oz jar of Justin's almond butter here!)
- scant 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 11 ounces dark chocolate
- Maldon salt, for topping
- Melt the chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Pour a teaspoon of melted chocolate into mini muffin tin cups – greased lightly with coconut oil.
- While cups chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes, melt the almond butter, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, adding the honey and vanilla while stirring. Salt to taste. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of almond butter mixture into each muffin cup.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate on top of the almond butter layer and chill in the fridge until set, about 1/2 hour in the fridge or 10-15 minutes in the freezer. Enjoy!
There is much more than meets the eye when you consider the usefulness of rubber bands. Tired of running out of erasers on the end of your pencils? Can't keep your lid on a boiling pot?
Here are 6 incredible uses for rubber bands that just may revolutionize your life: